Who we are
Energy Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd. (EASPL) is a sustainability consultancy for individuals, businesses, public and other organisations as also for consumers.
Our details are as follows:
Energy Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd. (also using the brand name Cleanergy)
15, Sudha Apartment
20, Napean Sea Road
We appreciate your visit to www.cleanergy.eco and your interest in our offers for information, products and services within the world of climate protection.
This document explains how we gather, save and handle your data, and your options regarding personal data. It also contains the terms and conditions governing our enegagement with you.
Accepting these Terms
We provide access to the Service subject to these Terms. By using or accessing the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Please read all of the Terms before you use the Service. If these Terms do not make sense to you, please let us know. If you don’t agree to all of the Terms, you may not use the Service. These Terms create a binding legal agreement between you and EASPL, with the same legal effect and force as a written and signed document.
You may save and print this document at any time.
This website is provided by Energy Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd (also using the brand name Cleanergy) on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Energy Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd. (EASPL) has taken reasonable care to ensure that information is accurate at the time it was added to this we site. The website is intended to provide information and guidance only. EASPL is not liable for any incorrect or misrepresented information on this web site.
EASPL makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials or products, included on this web site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, EASPL disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
EASPL will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.
The calculator has been produced on a best efforts basis. The conversion factors used in the calculator come from a variety of sources.EASPL, has taken reasonable care to ensure the information is accurate, but cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions.
In the calculation of the number of trees required to offset the carbon emissions, EASPL has used the estimation that on average one tree will offset 1tCO2e during its full-lifetime ( approximate). The actual amount of carbon sequestration varies depending on a number of factors such as the tree type, its location and available growth room. Some trees will offset less than this amount of CO2, whilst others will offset more during their lifetime.
EASPL with its tree-planting partners will ensure the correct number of trees is planted and will use best endeavours to ensure the trees are planted in the chosen areas. There may be instances when it is not possible to plant a tree in the area requested. For these cases, EASPL and its tree-planting partner reserve the right to plant the tree(s) in a nearby location.
Other Offsets, Renewable Attribute Certificates (RACs) and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
Availability of credits on projects do change over time. In the unlikely event that carbon credits, offsets, RECs or RACs are no longer available on the particular project you have purchased, EASPL will ensure the appropriate offset through an alternative project, of the same general type of project (i.e. renewable energy, or improved energy efficiency).
At EASPL we want you to be fully satisfied with your online purchases. In the rare instance that you receive an item which does not work properly, then you can always return it. If this is the case we ask that you to return the product within 14 days, with a note explaining the problem. For defective hard goods we will give you the choice of a 100% refund or replace the item for a working unit.
For all on-line offset and tree planting sales we provide you with a 7 day cooling off period. If you would like to cancel your order within this period, then please contact us, explaining the reason for the cancellation. We will provide a full refund less 5% administration charge, and less postage charges in the case the certificate was sent by mail.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
The material and information contained within this website or provided by EASPL are for your personal use and may not be distributed or used for commercial purposes.
All content included on this website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and software, is the property of EASPL or its content suppliers (as applicable) and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Any use, including, but not limited to, the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
The Cleanergy logo and name are trademarks of EASPL and may not be used in connection with any other product or service that is not that of EASPL in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among its customers, or in any manner disparages EASPL.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This site is created and controlled by EASPL in India. As such, the laws of India will govern these disclaimers, terms and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
The parties hereby irrevocably consent and submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Mumbai, India.
You do not have to provide any personal data to use our web-site and the carbon calculators, though you may find this beneficial to do so
We may use information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you legislative and best practice information that we believe to be beneficial to you/your business in terms of your legislative compliance, business reputation and reducing operational costs. We may also use this data for analysing big data.
By making initial contact with us (by telephone, email or on-line form) you consent to EASPL maintaining a dialogue towards your request until you request otherwise/ we decide to desist.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information, e.g. Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. EASPL may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. EASPL may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information EASPL holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtain about you from public sources and our own suppliers; e.g. credit referencing agencies.
EASPL will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with sustainability services; we do not sell or broker your data.
General Access Data
When you visit our site, data about your usage and interaction with us is automatically transmitted and technical information about the computer or device that you are using is also registered. This data includes the following:
- Name and URL of the data retrieved
- Time and date of the retrieval
- Volume of data transmitted
- Report on successful recall (HTTP response code)
- Type and version of browser
- Operating system
- Referring URL (i.e. the site you used to reach us)
- Websites that are accessed by the user’s system via our website
- Your internet service provider
- Your IP and the requesting provider
All the data we collect when a user visits our site is through Google Analytics
Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
We fundamentally only use your personal data within our company. If and insofar as we engage third parties for contracted services, only the data required for the corresponding service is transmitted, so that services can be completed.
Should it be the case that we outsource specific aspects of data processing (order processing), the data processor is contractually obliged to use personal data in accordance with the requirements of the general data protection regulation, and to guarantee the protection of rights of the parties involved.
We rely on external hosting services to provide the following services: infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, memory and database services, security services and technical maintenance services, which are used for the operation of the website. We thus process the following data respectively: our hosting provider’s inventory data, contact data, content data, contract data, usage data, and the metadata and communication data of customers and visitors of the site. We do this, because it is necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an efficient and secure website, following Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1 of the GDPR, in conjunction with Article 28 of the GDPR.
Our Hosting company is GDPR compatible.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
- To meet EASPL contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to inbound enquiries.
- To benefit our contacts in terms of their legal compliance.
- You have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason;
- The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you;
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, which might be:
(a) to provide our services to you or our clients and other third parties and ensure that our client engagements are well-managed;
(b) to prevent fraud;
(c) to protect our business interests;
(d) to ensure that complaints are investigated;
(e) To evaluate, develop or improve our services or products; or
(f) To keep you or our clients informed about relevant products and services and provide you with information, unless you have indicated at any time that you do not wish us to do so.
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because:
- you have given us your explicit consent to process that data;
- we are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti-money laundering’ obligations (or other legal obligations imposed on us);
- the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law;
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you have made the data manifestly public.
Please note that in certain circumstances it may be still lawful for us to continue processing your information even where you have withdrawn your consent, if one of the other legal bases described above is applicable.
Legitimate interests pursued by EASPL and/or its clients
To promote the sustainability services offered by EASPL and/or to market the services to EASPL’s existing clients and contacts in the interests of protecting brand reputation/standing, operational costs and general environmental protection and best practice.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to EASPL processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
To optimize our online services, we use what are known as ‘session cookies’. A session cookie is a small text file, which is sent by the respective servers when visiting a website and is stored temporarily on your hard drive. Such files contain a so-called session-ID, with which various enquiries from your browser can be assigned to the shared session. Through this, your computer can be identified, when if you return to our website. This enables us to provide our services in a more user-friendly, effective and secure manner. These cookies are automatically deleted once you close your browser.
Persistent cookies save the following data and information:
- Login Information
- Language settings
- Entered search terms
- Information on the number of visits to our website and the use of individual features of our website.
When a cookie is activated, it will be assigned an identification number. Your personal data will not be assigned to it. Your name, IP address, or similar data that would associate a cookie with you, will not be included in the cookie. Based on the cookie technology, we merely receive psydonymized information, such as what pages of our site were visited, what products were viewed, etc.
You can adjust your browser settings so that you are notified about the usage of cookies and can decide on a case-by-case basis whether you allow the cookies for specific cases or in general, or whether they are disabled entirely. This can, however, limit the functionality and services offered on our website.
EASPL may on occasions pass some personal data to third party suppliers in support of fulfilment of the client request/web-site experience – these include but are not limited to Paypal, GoogleAnalaytics, and social media (only on user action – e.g. clicking ’like’ icons). EASPL do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the agency without your consent. However, EASPL may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. EASPL may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of EASPL, its clients/staff and wider public.
A. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, which is a website analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google has submitted to the Privacy Shield Agreement between the European Union and the United States, and is certified. Through this, Google obliges to comply with the standards and requirements of the European data protection act. For more information, please click on the following link: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active.
The information about the usage of this website by the site visitors is produced via these cookies and is, transmitted to a Google server in the USA, where it is then stored.
Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide us with other services related to website activity and internet usage. The IP addresses provided from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the saving of cookies through the corresponding settings of your browser software; please note, however, that should you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. You can also prevent cookies from transmitting the data generated from your use of the website (inc. your IP address) to Google as well as preventing Google from processing this data by clicking the link below and installing the following plugin:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- Http Headers– Anything present in HTTP headers. HTTP Headers are a standard web protocol sent between any browser request and any server on the internet. HTTP Headers include IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Pixel-specific Data– Includes Pixel ID and the Facebook Cookie.
- Button Click Data– Includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
- Optional Values– Developers and marketers can optionally choose to send additional information about the visit through conversion tracking. Example custom data events are conversion value, page type, and more.
- Form Field Names– Includes website field names like ‘email’, ‘address’, ‘quantity’ for when you purchase a product or service. We don’t capture field values unless you include them as part of Advanced Matching, conversion tracking, or user properties
EASPL greatly values the protection of your personal data. Therefore, to ensure the confidentiality of your data, we collect, use and store data solely on the basis of existing laws and in accordance with the data protection principles mentioned here.
Our website uses the encryption protocol TLS (Transport Layer Security). This encrypts any personal data that you provide over our website. Please note, however, that data transmission over the internet (e.g. when communicating via email) may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
We do not guarantee that our website is permanently available; disturbances, interruptions or failures cannot always be avoided. The servers we use are regularly and carefully backed up.
Browser Do Not Track
The Site and App do not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on DNT, visit www.donottrack.us.
Cross-Border Transfer Of Information
Our site is hosted on Siteground Servers which are located in various countries. Therefore, your information may be transferred to or stored or processed in a country, whose data protection, privacy, and other laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information.
By using the Services you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
EASPL will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for at least 5 years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After 5 years any personal data not needed may be deleted by us.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst EASPL is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, e.g. direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Should we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
EASPL at your request can confirm what information is held about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (EASPL) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer (DPO), where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of EASPL or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making (e.g. such as profiling), and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
EASPL will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Copy driving licence, passport, birth certificate and recent utility bill (<three months old). One piece of photographic ID (listed above) is needed. We reserve the right to ask for further information should we be dissatisfied with the ID provided.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to make a compliant about personal data use by EASPL, you have the right to complain to us as per the below details:
Energy Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd. (also using the brand name Cleanergy)
15, Sudha Apartment
20, Napean Sea Road